Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History

Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/index.php)
-   Greatest Westerns (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=350)
-   -   Greatest Western Movie Tournament (http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70918)

Jim H. Moreno 04 Dec 08 00:07

Greatest Western Movie Tournament

"What we have here is an opportunity to communicate."

So wrap yer hands around that iron, err, mouse, and start clickin'! This is the place to vote for your favorite Western movies of all time! Galloping alongside the 100 Greatest Westerns movie guide comes this interactive forum tournament, whipped up and corralled by a few of the best cowpokes on these forums.

Four categories of 25 movies each start off the tournament, and it's your chance to take aim and pick off your 8 favorites from each category to choose only the top 32 movies. So don't stand there whistlin' Dixie! Unflap that holster, loosen up that trigger finger, and fire off your vote. What's a'matter, you a yellow-belly?

Eight Best Westerns, 1903-1949

Eight Best Westerns, 1950-1962

Eight Best Westerns, 1962-1973

Eight Best Westerns, 1974-2008

Legate 04 Dec 08 01:47

Great idea! Good work Jim and Biscuit. :salute:

Biscuit 04 Dec 08 01:53

Most of the credit goes to Blitzpuppy, Siberian Heat, and the staff at Wild West magazine. It was their idea, their list, and mostly their work.

Legate 04 Dec 08 05:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuit (Post 1059027)
Most of the credit goes to Blitzpuppy, Siberian Heat, and the staff at Wild West magazine. It was their idea, their list, and mostly their work.

Great work all! :salute:

Jim H. Moreno 04 Dec 08 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biscuit (Post 1059027)

Agreed. Literally the only thing I did was set up the posts in the forum here. And don't let Biscuit fool you, she did her fair share and then some, so show her some love too! :TRUCE:

Lance Williams 06 Dec 08 23:48

Jim,

Once the field is narrowed down is there some kind of seeding system (I hope) or are they paired at random?

Jim H. Moreno 08 Dec 08 09:39

Of that I am unsure. My understanding is that our very own and much adored Siberian HEAT will be doing something with the final selections. :cool:

Lance Williams 10 Dec 08 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim H. Moreno (Post 1063104)
Of that I am unsure. My understanding is that our very own and much adored Siberian HEAT will be doing something with the final selections. :cool:

I would highly recommend that the top eight vote getters are seeded...........#8 Vs. #1, #7 Vs. #2, #6 Vs. #3 and #5 Vs. #4. This would keep the top vote getters from the preliminary voting from going head to head in round 1