View Single Post
Old 14 Aug 09, 05:34
Lieutenant Colonel
Poland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 

Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100] Barbaross@ has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmde.Slavyanski View Post
Sorry but not false. The Soviet Union invaded after the Polish government had evacuated. The Germans declared on 15 September that they no longer recognized the existence of a state known as "Poland."
Yes, it is false.
The fact is that Polish government crosed border with Romania, after Soviet invasion and in reaction on it (to avoid captured by Soviet troops aproching theirs position).
Soviets enters at 2 a.m. September 17, 1939, Polish govt. crosed border at 11 p.m this day. Over 20 hours, after Soviet agression.

Quote:
Again not false, the Poles did not declare war on the USSR, and they ordered troops to continue resisting Germany while explicitly not resisting the Soviets.
De iure no, but de facto it was ordinary war.
In this campaign Soviets lost 1,475 killed and missing and 2,383 wounded
to about 2,500 dead many equipment. Should be remembered that they many times murdered captured Polish POW, as were .
About Rydz-Smigly decision are many controversies in Poland, but here is his order You mentioned:
The Soviets have entered. I order a general retreat to Romania and Hungary by the shortest route. Do not fight the Bolsheviks unless they assault you or try to disarm your units. The tasks for Warsaw and cities which were to defend themselves from the Germans - without changes. Cities aproached by Bolsheviks should negotiate the issue of withdrawing the garrison to Hungary or Romania.
—Edward Rydz-Śmigły, Commander-in-Chief of the Polish armed forces, September 17 1939

BTW, it is next argument about the evacuation of the Polish government was a reaction on Soviets invasion.

Quote:
As usual, your refutation fails. How the hell could the Soviets "control" a partisan movement that began in 1942? Take a look at the front lines at that time. And why do you assume that if a movement is Communist, it can't be Polish? I was not aware that the Polish people are some kind of hivemind collective that cannot embrace different ideologies on an individual basis.
Gwardia Ludowa (People Guard) was ruled by PPR (Polish Workers Party - Polish communists party in SU), which was part of the Comintern. Who ruled Commintern you should know.
They were ordered rather to fight against Polish underground than Germans.
Quote:
Rather ironically, bourgeois historians often use the non-aggression pact between the USSR and Germany as evidence that they were "allies", but I digress.
It was not just non-agression pact but rather secret protocol attached to it, which should be named real allied agreement.
And i agree it realy was as we seen in 1939-41.
Quote:
The point is there was no "Poland" by 15 September, and the government HAD fled before the Soviet troops crossed the border. If any government officials had not escaped by then, what is certain is that the Soviets had been informed that they had left, and believed thus.
Well, if before I could say about You mistake, than now I can no other way as just simly say - it is notorious lie. Again - Polish gov. fled after Soviet agression.

Historia Wojskowa Portal Historyczno-Wojskowy phw.org.pl

Last edited by Barbaross@; 14 Aug 09 at 05:38..