Thread: Old AH Games
View Single Post
Old 08 Nov 07, 13:20
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patrick Carroll has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janos View Post
Yeah, but next time you get a wargame going, get your head down low next to the table and look at your game. Then next time you see someone gaming with miniatures, or just operating an HO train set do the same thing.

It's the beauty of it all that attracts me to miniatures, especially medievals, which I do, and napoleonics, which I've been tempted to do for years.
That reminds me of the very first miniatures game I ever saw -- at a convention in Grass Valley, CA, in May 1972. It was a NATO-Warsaw Pact game with some pretty realistic-looking terrain. And the players used some kind of military-surplus viewfinder or periscope to get down-close views of what was going on on the tabletop.

"Do all you have agreed to do, and do not encroach on other persons or their property." (Richard Maybury)