Thread: Soldiers Angels
View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 10, 19:39
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Schwamberg View Post
Wish I had time to study the Austrailian system. Are independent veterans organizations very strong in Australia or New Zealand? Are they able to influence the politicians much?
Yes they are quite strong, the sad part about it is we are mostly of past older wars and have an annoying habit of keep 'Falling off of the perch' and individual organisations are closing down from lack of members at quite an alarming rate. I can name three from the 2nd WW of recent times, The Dunkirk Vets, Arctic Convoys, Torbruk and Normandy with a No: of others I have not mentioned. Younger ex service men and women, understandably have jobs to do, Wives or Husbands young children etc: and do not concentrate on things quite so much as the oldies. As I understand it, it is the same in many other countries. lcm1

I was in when they needed 'em,not feeded 'em.
" Youuu 'Orrible Lot!"