View Single Post
Old 29 Aug 11, 07:03
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Combat Engineer has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gencallan View Post
I've been 'issued' some medals, but found that my unit I\in Korea had erned a Presidental Citation. Does that mean I could wear it? on a cap? Another someone, tried to tell me my Berlin Brigade, and 8th Army patches could me worn as "combat" patches??? Of course it's to late now, just like the DOA finally including the support troops on the DMZ in Korea '68-'69. They even listed the crew of the Pueblo, I was there at that time.....
Various unit awards. If you were a member of that unit when it earned the award, you ware it from that time forward, no matter what unit you are now in. If you were not in the unit at the time it was awarded, you STILL where the unit's citations while YOU serve in the unit. When reassigned, you remove the unit citations.

'Combat Patch (Shoulder sleeve insignia-former wartime service (SSI–FWTS)

Korea, from AR670-1:

Quote:
(2) Korea: between 27 June 1950 and 27 July 1954, both dates inclusive. Also from 1 April 1968 to 31 August
1973, for those personnel who were awarded the Purple Heart, Combat Infantryman badge, Combat Medical badge, or
who qualified for at least one month’s hostile fire pay for service in a hostile fire area in Korea
Of cabbages—and kings—
And why the sea is boiling hot—
And whether pigs have wings.”
― Lewis Carroll