View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 18, 03:48
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Exorcist View Post
Did your President ever try to tell you; "You didn't build that!"
Obama did say that to us.

You know, its up to you, but you might want to give us a break once in a while.
It is people like you that make Americans think that the rest of the world hates us, and for some cheap and petty reasons.

Now watch this guy justify that by listing "reasons" that justify hatred, just as I know he must. Lefties can't help it
I am no fan of Obama, but of course there is a grain of truth in what he says. If you think you are not standing on the shoulder of your ancestors then you are deluded; the prime purpose of human being is to make life better for the coming generations. Success is build upon success and so forth. If you for example use internet for making a living it doesn't mean you can take credit for coming up with internet.

Again; I don't really care what Obama meant with that statement, doesn't seem like anyone in your country does either.

My point was rather for example the countless Americans here saying they saved Europe during WW2, which itself is quite controversial statement. Ever more so because, AFAIK, we only have one or two members who were old enough to participate in WW2, the rest of the people taking credit weren't even born. Yet they see fit to claim it as their personal accomplishment. Nostalgia or nationalism, I don't know or care what it is; you weren't there and you didn't do it. Perhaps your dad, your grandad, your mother or grandmother was; you weren't. Don't take credit. Funnily enough, the same people would not be prepared to do any of those things; yet they claim the glory. Not that this is anything new, nationalism has been around for quite a long time...but at least you used to know the difference between that and patriotism.

Last edited by Karri; 14 Jan 18 at 04:01..