Due to certain special circumstances (specifically, member involvement in an ongoing civil war) ACG staff has decided to clarify additional policies for the Russia and Ukrainian sub forums. The Russia
Forums are being closed to new posting for one day in order to give all participants time to read and understand the following rules.
- Please do not refer to other posters as nazis/communists. Such reference should be reserved to actual neo-nazis, etc. who are engaged in the fighting. Arguing against your version of events does not make someone a NAZI or a communist.
- Please do not refer to every action as a war crime without links/references to 3rd party sources.
- Please refrain from making blanket statements or disparaging remarks about any of the involved ethnicities or nationalities. Parroting tired stereotypes, cliche's, and prejudices is not the same as making an actual argument.
- Opening a new thread for the sole purpose of any of the above activities may result in the thread being closed and additional action as needed.
- Please respond to the topic as posted. Routinely derailing threads or going off-topic will resort in a ban.
You should report items that appear to be a breach of these policies but the ACG Staff has the final say as to what constitutes a violation. The multinational ACG Staff are (as per the established rules) the final judge.
Violating these policies or other rules of the ACG forums may result in a ban, with or without separate/additional warnings from staff.
This is not complicated - Argue the post, not the poster. Discussion is to be about what a poster says. Therefore calling a poster for example a Nazi or communist or dismissing them due to place of origin for example "ex-USSR" or the "west" will not be tolerated and may result in a ban.
Create an intelligent debate. You are the one responsible for backing up your own claims. Continual repetition of unsupported claims despite failure to provide evidence may be considered trolling and result in additional action.