StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Forum Resources > Basic Training

Notices and Announcements

Basic Training This area is for forum announcements, testing, technical requests, or site feedback.

Old 04 Jan 09, 23:52
General of the Forums
Hungary
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700] Janos is a glorious beacon of light [700]
What's this "Friend" business about?

Hi there,

Being an old timer here, I know all about buddies, but now some of my buddies are also "friends". I even got a "friend request" via email. Can someone please explain? Does this mean I have to loan them money or let them date my daughter?

Also, be advised that friendship does not lead to kissin', and certainly won't go beyond that.

"Never pet a burning dog."

RECOMMENDED WEBSITES:
http://www.mormon.org
http://www.sca.org
http://www.scv.org/
http://www.scouting.org/
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 05 Jan 09, 00:47
ACG Forums - Morale Officer
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) 

Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Slug has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
What's this "Friend" business about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janos View Post
Hi there,
Can someone please explain?
If you come over to my house, I'll feed you a baloney sandwich.

Old 05 Jan 09, 06:36
Regimental Sergeant Major of the Forums
Australia
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] lcm1 has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Quote:
Hi there,

Being an old timer here, I know all about buddies, but now some of my buddies are also "friends". I even got a "friend request" via email. Can someone please explain? Does this mean I have to loan them money or let them date my daughter?

Also, be advised that friendship does not lead to kissin', and certainly won't go beyond that.
Anyone clamouring to be your friend view with suspicion! As the old saying goes You cannot choose your relatives but you can CHOOSE your friends!!
Old 05 Jan 09, 06:55
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple - Ace) 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Hi there,

Purely a goodwill gesture on the part of the person sending it, at the end of the day it all amounts to nothing when posting in ACG. Some people I hardly correspond with here have sent me requests, I don't have any problem in accepting them.

First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure. - Mark Twain.
Old 06 Jan 09, 04:55
General of the Forums
Australia
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
ACG Football Manager of the Season ACG Football Manager of the Season 

Galland is simply cracking [600]
Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600] Galland is simply cracking [600]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achtung baby View Post
Purely a goodwill gesture on the part of the person sending it, at the end of the day it all amounts to nothing when posting in ACG. Some people I hardly correspond with here have sent me requests, I don't have any problem in accepting them.
..really ..great, ...give me some money, you bastard..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

..is that friendly enough..??!!!
Old 07 Jan 09, 04:08
General of the Forums
Finland
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Summer Campaign 
100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 
Best Pin-Up Of World War II CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900] Karri has earned the respect of all [900]
Quote:
Hi there,

Certainly not beyond that?

So in theory it could lead to kissing?

Just saying...
Old 07 Jan 09, 08:55
ACG Web Tech Command
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100] CyberRanger has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Also some information in the FAQ
Old 09 Jan 09, 17:43
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcm1 View Post
Anyone clamouring to be your friend view with suspicion! As the old saying goes You cannot choose your relatives but you can CHOOSE your friends!!
Which is exactly what you are offered, a chance to choose a friend.

I suppose we could paraphrase that old joke about clubs and so forth: anyone who wants you as a friend would not be someone you would hang around with anyway.

"I would not want to join a club that would have me as a member." was the original quote, IIRC.

Last edited by Mountain Man; 10 Jan 09 at 00:57..
Old 09 Jan 09, 21:49
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive SPQR Campaign 

Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
well mountain man your in luck no group wants you
Old 09 Jan 09, 21:53
ACG Forums - Guardiano di Roma
Pirate
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Actually, he is an esteemed member of the 5 Star Bar & Grill!

Only 25 qualify - thus far!

Y'ARR!

ACG History Today

BoRG
Sponsored Links

Old 09 Jan 09, 21:58
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive SPQR Campaign 

Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100] Patton 7079 has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Ill be there in a week or two you just wait...
Old 09 Jan 09, 21:58
General of the Forums
Armchair_General
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 
Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 SPQR Campaign Model Forum Group Build Victor 

Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Achtung Baby has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Actually, he is an esteemed member of the 5 Star Bar & Grill!

Only 25 qualify - thus far!

Y'ARR!

Am I #26?

Old 09 Jan 09, 22:00
General of the Forums
United_States

They count you???
Old 09 Jan 09, 22:10
ACG Forums - Guardiano di Roma
Pirate
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 
Model Forum Group Build (Multiple) SPQR Campaign 

Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Admiral has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Alright... a newbie to the B&G... Yup, it appears so...

A HEARTY CONGRATS, AB

Your key is on the way, mate!

Of course, you'll hafta look for it...

ACG History Today

BoRG

Last edited by Admiral; 09 Jan 09 at 22:13..
Old 09 Jan 09, 22:31
General of the Forums
Armchair_General

Thanks, mate. I'll lock the door again, once I'm in!

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!