StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Happening Now > Politics Central

Notices and Announcements

Politics Central An archive of discussions of a political nature that took place here.

Old 14 Nov 09, 17:18
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
A White House press release just came in: Obama wasn't bowing,the Emperor just let him know his shoe was untied.

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 14 Nov 09, 17:47
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer86g View Post
A White House press release just came in: Obama wasn't bowing,the Emperor just let him know his shoe was untied.
Riiiigggghht....
Old 14 Nov 09, 18:12
General
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive Best Pin-Up Of World War II 

ace has a spectacular aura about [400]
ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400] ace has a spectacular aura about [400]
So?
"The people never have the power, only the illusion of it. And here is the real secret: they don't want it. The responsibility is too great to bear. It's why they are so quick to fall in line as soon as someone else takes charge."
"
Old 14 Nov 09, 18:51
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Gixxer86g has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
So what?

BLACK JEEPS MATTER!

BLACK MOTORCYCLES MATTER!
Old 14 Nov 09, 20:24
Banned
Canada

Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100] Bugreport has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Hope and Change, Bow and Scrape,

Ah, Enlightenment strikes me.

I kept wondering why Obama wouldn't statue or place hand on heart like
regular americans, the answer is obvious, he can't help covering his
sesame seeds in fear when regular americans are around.

He keeps hearing the crowds murmuring "I see someone who needs a swift kick in the balls, don't you"

Last edited by Bugreport; 14 Nov 09 at 20:32..
Old 14 Nov 09, 20:50
Colonel
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd Rangers View Post
Let's Give the president some credit. He knows anything resembling an apology would create such a political firestorm in this Country that he would be looking up at George bush's approval numbers. He's NOT going to say anything PUBLICLY.

We can speculate about his inner beliefs but remember that the man is not stupid. Only dangerous.
I see book smart people do retarded things every day and I am not convinced he's all that book smart, either. One thing he maxes the needle out with is naivete' and you're right, that makes him very dangerous.
Old 14 Nov 09, 21:00
Colonel
United_States

98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100] 98ZJUSMC has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
The Japanese have very specific gaps in their memories.
Sad but, true.

As do most of my ex-girlfriends.
Old 14 Nov 09, 21:06
Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancePolk View Post
Absolutely.
Oh by the way it's estimated that a few hundred thousand civilians under Japanese rule were dying per month. Seems like using the A-bombs were a pretty good and moral thing.
I love arguing that point with a lib. You can see the gears in their friggin' gourds lock up and you get a faint whiff of burnt solder.
Old 15 Nov 09, 02:58
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AThousandYoung View Post
I don't agree. It takes major balls to diss the Brits like he did.

You just despise his choice of game plan.
Plan? You mean the dufus actually PLANS on the bizzillion ways he purposefully makes the USA look like a 3rd world country? What's he going to do next? Bow to the emperor like he did the Saudi king?
Old 15 Nov 09, 04:55
Major
United_States

dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99] dongar1 is on the path to success [1-99]
Are they gonna appologize for Pearl Harbor???

Love your Chesty Puller avitar there 98.

No Trailboss, his wife's gonna give his wife a great big hug and an I-Pod...

Last edited by GCoyote; 15 Nov 09 at 11:40.. Reason: less confusing
Sponsored Links

Old 15 Nov 09, 07:18
General of the Forums
United_States

SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700]
SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700] SRV Ron is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dongar1 View Post
Are they gonna appologize for Pearl Harbor???
To this day there has yet to be a Japanese tourist to pay to visit Michigan's Own Military and Space Museum. http://www.michigansmilitarymuseum.com/

The day it snows in Hell, not Hell, Michigan, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan , is the day you will see an apology for Pearl harbor.

The surrender tour continues. Our enemies are thrilled. December 21, 2012, is their magic date. (Forget the movie, the disaster will be caused by a coordinated Terrorist attack all over the country.)

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”
Old 15 Nov 09, 11:54
ACG Forums - canis administrationem
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+] GCoyote has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Depends on what he says at Hiroshima.

Personally I think the whole concept of apologizing / demanding apologies for things that happened multiple generations ago is the height of political insincerity and an exercise in misdirection. Nations are not people. The actual antagonists are dead.

Looking at Iran as one of the hot button issues to be dealt with, Hiroshima would be a great place to make the point that Tehran is playing with fire.

Questions about our site? See the FAQ.
Old 16 Nov 09, 13:17
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II 
Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 and preceding Mini-Polls 

Mountain Man has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRV Ron View Post
To this day there has yet to be a Japanese tourist to pay to visit Michigan's Own Military and Space Museum. http://www.michigansmilitarymuseum.com/

The day it snows in Hell, not Hell, Michigan, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan , is the day you will see an apology for Pearl harbor.

The surrender tour continues. Our enemies are thrilled. December 21, 2012, is their magic date. (Forget the movie, the disaster will be caused by a coordinated Terrorist attack all over the country.)
They had better avoid getting too thrilled - it will all end for them as well. And we still have a lot of those pesky nukes sitting around.
Old 16 Nov 09, 14:40
Zombie Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500] Siberian HEAT is a jewel in the rough [500]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCoyote View Post

Looking at Iran as one of the hot button issues to be dealt with, Hiroshima would be a great place to make the point that Tehran is playing with fire.
Agreed. A great speech could be written about the pain and suffering of the Japanese people because of the hubris of their ruling and military classes during World War II. The A-bombs were the end of a game Japan chose to begin. Likewise, if Iran chooses the same path her people better be aware of the ramifications.

I would then make a million copies of the HBO movie about Hiroshima, which showed the effects on the people of Japan (truly horrific) and I would airdrop those DVDs into Iran so the people know what pain and suffering is wrought from "the bomb."

Finally I would end my lesson with a direct threat to use this horrible weapon on any nation found to be guilty of passing a nuke to a third party terrorist organization or using nukes directly on one of our allies. In short, I would refresh the world's memory of MAD and let it be known we aren't afraid to reciprocate despite how terrible the effects would be.

Sadly, as technology increases and more and more nations get the ability to create them, the likelihood that we'll see a nuke used in anger continues to go up. We can't keep the crazies in check unless we make it very clear we are coming for them.

I write books about zombies as E.E. Isherwood. Check me out at ZombieBooks.net.
Old 16 Nov 09, 16:23
Banned
United_States

AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99] AThousandYoung is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugreport View Post
Ah, Enlightenment strikes me.

I kept wondering why Obama wouldn't statue or place hand on heart like
regular americans, the answer is obvious, he can't help covering his
sesame seeds in fear when regular americans are around.

He keeps hearing the crowds murmuring "I see someone who needs a swift kick in the balls, don't you"

Dear Friend,

Thank you for inquiring about the false accusation that I have refused to sing the National Anthem or say the Pledge of Allegiance. I knew when I decided to run for President that I would not be immune from the "anything goes" form of attack politics that has been so prominent in our elections in recent years. And this outrageous charge is just another example of the kind of mean spirited, "shock" politics I will move beyond as President.

I am honored to lead a life of public service, and it is inconceivable that I would ever refuse to say the Pledge or sing the National Anthem. In fact, as a U.S. senator, I am sometimes called upon to preside over the opening of the Senate in the morning, at which time I am proud to lead my colleagues in reciting the Pledge of Allegiance, with my right hand over my heart. Anybody who doesn't believe in the Pledge shouldn't be running for President.

Every time I have been elected or reelected to the Illinois Senate and the United States Senate, I have proudly raised my right hand, placed my left hand on the Bible and sworn to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic." And I will be proud to take the Presidential Oath of office on January 20, 2009.

Thank you again for contacting me. Please share this message with anyone you know who has been misled by this baseless and particularly hurtful political attack.

Sincerely,
Barack Obama

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...o_say_the.html

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!