StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Current Events > North America

Notices and Announcements

North America Important Events in Canada and the United States. .

Old 03 Oct 17, 13:47
General of the Forums
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 
Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign 
Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Greatest Blunders Campaign Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]  [+1]
Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Half Pint John has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass_Man86 View Post
And when was the last time that there was a mass shooting in Italy Marc? Give up? In Milan 1993; five dead, 12 wounded. Now compare that to what just happened in Vegas. Come on Marc, I should be able to expect better from you. By the by, organized crime and crooked cops up do all those things that you talk about right here in the good old US of A.
When was the last mass shooting by an Italian American? St Valentines Day may be? Not their thing.

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.
Old 03 Oct 17, 14:01
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
When was the last mass shooting by an Italian American? St Valentines Day may be? Not their thing.
Their thing is bombings: from the horse-drawn cart on Wall Street to the prosecutors in Palermo, Italians have always preferred bombs. When Carmine Galante was recruiting Zips as enforcers in Brooklyn, he had to condition them to prefer firearms over bombs like Pavlovian dogs. That may explain why they turned on him so easily, belying their reputation for loyalty.

And don't look at me: I was nine at the time, and fifty miles away when he got clipped.
Old 03 Oct 17, 14:32
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Greatest/Best Tank of WW2 Campaign CWiE 1939-45 Campaign 

The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+] The Exorcist has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon of Decay View Post
What I mean is that the gulf exists and is enforced by law.
I don't think that this Gulf is as important as you think.
For example, ISIS has nothing more sophisticated than an armored truck that can fire Rockets.
And yet somehow, all of the Ballyhoo in the world has not conquered them yet.

Okay, goofy example, but I think you get the point.

An insurgency is not dependent on heavy weaponry. It is determination and a willingness to take casualties that make it a winner... or a loser.

The Tanker and the bomber pilot all need to sleep sometime, and the minor functionaries can't do their jobs from inside a Green Zone. And when they are outnumbered by 50-1 by a hostile or even indifferent population, then they are extremely vulnerable.
This is also where the ordinary rifle or handgun becomes crucial, and all the frustrated despots out there know it.

"The Democrats haven't been this mad since the Republicans took their slaves away!"
Old 03 Oct 17, 14:49
Brigadier General
UK
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100] Poor Old Spike has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Pint John View Post
I can give you any number of old out of date quotes from the Bible that are just as out dated.
The UK is relatively unarmed compared to Americans. Do you fear for your freedom? Didn't thinks so.
1- Are you saying the Constitution (especially the 2nd Amendment) is outdated?
As for the Bible I could give you a truckload of quotes from it that support weapon ownership, for example when they came to arrest Jesus his right-hand man Peter sliced off the high priest's lackeys ear with a sword..

2- I live 50 yards from the Atlantic ocean so if a muslim terror squad lands by boat and goes on a killing spree I suppose I could clobber them with a cricket bat, but I'd rather have a gun..
Old 03 Oct 17, 15:09
General of the Forums
United_States

slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+] slick_miester has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Old Spike View Post
Lots of cherry-picking going on, kinda like calls for restricting the First Amendment.

Quote:
As for the Bible I could give you a truckload of quotes from it that support weapon ownership, for example when they came to arrest Jesus his right-hand man Peter sliced off the high priest's lackeys ear with a sword..
Naughty boy, that Peter.

Quote:
2- I live 50 yards from the Atlantic ocean so if a muslim terror squad lands by boat and goes on a killing spree I suppose I could clobber them with a cricket bat, but I'd rather have a gun..
Have you considered an improvised explosive device?

Old 03 Oct 17, 15:10
General of the Forums
UK
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700] MarkV is a glorious beacon of light [700]
Quote:
and was rebuked by Christ who healed the wound.

No constitution drawn up by man can withstand the travails of time un amended. Note the title - the 2nd Amendment. Conditions change, technology and societies move on and possibly amendments need to be reviewed from time to time -what applied to agricultural communities with single shot muzzle loading weapons may not be suitable for a semi urbanised folk with high velocity rapid fire weaponry today.
Old 03 Oct 17, 15:13
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Best Pin-Up Of World War II Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C Tournament 1 of the ACG 2017-2018 

Bwaha has disabled reputation
Quote:

I happen to live in a pretty rural location so a phone call to the sheriff will take at least a half hour for them to get here. I'm glad that I have the right to own guns.

Ans that in one of the stringent states regarding restrictions...

Quantum mechanics describes nature as absurd from the point of view of common sense. And yet it fully agrees with experiment. So I hope you can accept nature as She is - absurd! - Richard Feynman
Old 03 Oct 17, 15:18
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
As for the Bible I could give you a truckload of quotes from it that support weapon ownership, for example when they came to arrest Jesus his right-hand man Peter
Right-hand man ? That's not PC : following the pope, Peter was his left-hand man .
Old 03 Oct 17, 15:20
General of the Forums
Belgium
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800] ljadw gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaha View Post
I happen to live in a pretty rural location so a phone call to the sheriff will take at least a half hour for them to get here. I'm glad that I have the right to own guns.

Ans that in one of the stringent states regarding restrictions...
You could ask for the body-guards of Hillary,but the risk is that they would join the invaders .(Birds of a feather.....)
Old 03 Oct 17, 15:32
General of the Forums
United_States

Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
The answer is simple; get 2/3rds of both houses to amend the Constitution.
Old 03 Oct 17, 15:41
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
and was rebuked by Christ who healed the wound.
Last time I checked, you ain't Christ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
No constitution drawn up by man can withstand the travails of time un amended. Note the title - the 2nd Amendment. Conditions change, technology and societies move on and possibly amendments need to be reviewed from time to time -what applied to agricultural communities with single shot muzzle loading weapons may not be suitable for a semi urbanised folk with high velocity rapid fire weaponry today.
Funny how Englishmen's taste for little boys -- and the Crown's propensity for shielding them from justice -- is eternal. Make no mistake about it: the state is not your friend. Not my state mine, nor your state yours. They'll shaft quicker than they can deposit your taxes. Give me one good reason why they shouldn't fear their own citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
The answer is simple; get 2/3rds of both houses to amend the Constitution.
Two thirds of both Houses of the US Congress -- and three-quarters of the states. Or a constituional convention, whichever comes first.
Old 03 Oct 17, 15:58
General of the Forums
United_States

Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800] Nichols gives and gets respect [800]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
Two thirds of both Houses of the US Congress -- and three-quarters of the states. Or a constituional convention, whichever comes first.
I doubt that they can get 2/3 of both houses to propose it let alone 3/4 of the states to ratify it.
Old 03 Oct 17, 16:18
Brigadier General
United_States

Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99] Moulin is on the path to success [1-99]
he was a millionaire.....older...bored with life, probably ....his mind started thinking too much......
..he probably wanted to go ''out of life --big''''
Old 03 Oct 17, 16:29
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
I doubt that they can get 2/3 of both houses to propose it let alone 3/4 of the states to ratify it.
Once upon a time that's what they said about the XVIII Amendment too. . . . .
Old 03 Oct 17, 16:41
General of the Forums
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick_miester View Post
Once upon a time that's what they said about the XVIII Amendment too. . . . .
I agree, this is exactly why I brought it up. There is a method to amending the Constitution, restricting or modifying current amendments is not how it is supposed to happen.
Sponsored Links

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!