StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > World History Group Hosting > RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II

Notices and Announcements

RKKA (The Russian Army) in World War II Discuss the Russian armed forces in World War II. Hosted by our resident Russian expert, AMVAS. Please visit his RKKA in WW2 Website.

Old 11 Jan 18, 15:37
RKKA in World War II Forum CO
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
"Pamyat naroda" site news

Hi, all

Just for your information
The famous site pamyatnaroda.ru containing ~50-60Tb of TsAMO materials
was found to REMOVE a portion of maps from its storage.
I can't be sure what size of materials were removed from their search engine.
For example a large set of maps of the Western Front 1941 year starting from ~dossier 532 were removed.
I don't know if this action is temporary, or constant.

That's why I download what I can from them...

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 24 Jan 18, 22:57
Second Lieutenant
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

Dann Falk is on the path to success [1-99] Dann Falk is on the path to success [1-99] Dann Falk is on the path to success [1-99]
Thanks for the news......I wish they would allowed us more access...more info.
Old 25 Jan 18, 14:58
Russia
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200] amvas is walking in the light [200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann Falk View Post
Thanks for the news......I wish they would allowed us more access...more info.
As far as I know they have a giant number of document prepared for publication. But their secrecy service can't work out such an amount. And thus they can't upload this.
Also very annoying is absense of maps for corps and smaller units due to that f@cked secrecy.
Having deal with those guys I can expect more restrictions of access than liberation. They treat researchers as personal enemies and make everything ro make their life worse.
Old 11 Feb 18, 04:25
Russia

Hi
Just letting you know that Pamyat-naroda uploaded a large pack of information to their site.
Now they contains 5 029 369 records vs ~3 400 000 before update.
Combat diaries added and many documents for aircraft units.

I need to update my index of records to collect more information abot this update.
As usual, they are silent themself about details.
Old 11 Feb 18, 11:10
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Dann Falk is on the path to success [1-99] Dann Falk is on the path to success [1-99] Dann Falk is on the path to success [1-99]
GREAT NEWS!!!

Please keep all of us updated.

Old 12 Feb 18, 17:46
ACG Author
United_States
Distinguished Service Award ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900] R.N. Armstrong has earned the respect of all [900]
Thanks for the update!
Old 28 Feb 18, 01:39
Sergeant Major
UK

Der Alte Fritz is on the path to success [1-99] Der Alte Fritz is on the path to success [1-99] Der Alte Fritz is on the path to success [1-99]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amvas View Post
Hi
Just letting you know that Pamyat-naroda uploaded a large pack of information to their site.
Now they contains 5 029 369 records vs ~3 400 000 before update.
Combat diaries added and many documents for aircraft units.

I need to update my index of records to collect more information abot this update.
As usual, they are silent themself about details.
Do you have any further news about this upload? I am still seeing a lot of 'new' documents not showing eg. https://pamyat-naroda.ru/documents/view/?id=454840701
Old 28 Feb 18, 04:48
Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Alte Fritz View Post
Do you have any further news about this upload? I am still seeing a lot of 'new' documents not showing eg. https://pamyat-naroda.ru/documents/view/?id=454840701
As usual they are silent about technical details of their works.
New fulltext documents can appeare either tomorrow or by May 9.
Sorry, it's their usual style of work.the only one thing we can do is to wait for their actions.
Old 01 Mar 18, 11:56
Second Lieutenant
United_States

Greetings All

It appears that many of the new docs (not seen yet) are related to artillery issues, combat orders, and directives.

Like:

Operational summary of the artillery headquarters 36 gv. sd

I inform that the artillery units of 66 OMBR had the following losses of the material part

Combat order of the headquarters 112 RD

Operational directive of Staff StalF

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!