StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Historical Events & Eras > Vietnam War

Notices and Announcements

Vietnam War The Battle for Vietnam. .

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 07, 11:13
Banned
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon March Offensive 

medevac has a spectacular aura about [400]
medevac has a spectacular aura about [400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALOHA RONNIE View Post

NEVER FORGET

Our own Aloha Ronnie saves a life!

http://www.ArmchairGeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=55092

NEVER FORGET

Ronnie

I did not see that article before. Congratulations for saving the womans life and for your service to our country.
Old 27 Dec 07, 20:07
General of the Forums - Donut Dolly
South_Vietnam
Distinguished Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Summer Campaign 100 Greatest Generals, 2008 
Most Decisive Battle Campaign, 2008 Greatest Westerns Campaign Greatest Spy Movies Campaign 

Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Miss Saigon has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALOHA RONNIE View Post
Who owns the Vietnam War..?
Just ask the once Free South Vietnamese poeple who had their Freedom taken from them
Ronnie is correct.

Who owns the Vietnam war?

I do.

It made my past. It made my future. It is my legacy. My Burden. My frustration. My ups and downs. My friends and foes. My continued fight. My argument without end.

I share it with the Vets. Vietnamese, American, ANZAC, French,Thai, Montagnard, Khmer, Loations, ROK, Nung, and a host of other minor players. But it is mine.

I own the Vietnam war. And it is not up for cheap and easy sale.

Last edited by Miss Saigon; 28 Dec 07 at 19:40..
Old 28 Dec 07, 14:41
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss.Saigon View Post
Ronnie is correct.

Who owns the Vietnam war?

I do.

It made my past. It made my future. It is my legacy. My Burden. My frustration. My ups and downs. My friends and foes. My continued fight. My argument without end.

I share it with the Vets. Vietnamese, American, ANZAC, French,Thai, Montagnard, ROK, and a host of other minor players. But it is mine.

I own the Vietnam war. And it is not up for cheap and easy sale.

NEVER FORGET

CLARITY = Miss Saigon ...personified!!!

NEVER FORGET

Old 28 Dec 07, 14:57
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
I'll drink a bottle of Ba Muoui Ba to that.
Old 31 Dec 07, 16:05
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100] ALOHA RONNIE has demonstrated strength of character [100]

NEVER FORGET

CLARITY =

'MODERN DAY HEROES: In Defense of America'

...by Pete Mitchell & Bill Perkins

http://www.ModernDayHeroes.com/aloha/

See: 'Resource Center'

..then..

See: 'Aloha Ronnie'

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by ALOHA RONNIE; 31 Dec 07 at 16:08..
Sponsored Links

Old 01 Jan 08, 18:54
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

NEVER FORGET

CLARITY =

Bill would ease plight of Vietnam War allies seeking asylum

http://www.ArmchairGeneral.com/forum...ad.php?t=58756

NEVER FORGET

Old 03 Jan 08, 21:06
Banned
United_States
March Offensive Summer Campaign 

Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99] Swampwolf is on the path to success [1-99]
It has taken a long time, but the truth is finally being told and veterans' stories are coming through the marijuana induced haze that blinded the nation during the war itself. Also, thanks to the decline of a small and controlled media, there are more ideas and history to be seen. It is the same thing that will probably happen with Iraq: disgusting hippies will lie and convince themselves of their views, with the help of heavy narcotics, but eventually we will be vindicated and the enemy's propagandists will be criticized properly.

Stolen Valor was a great milestone for Vietnam history, and it is only the first book that will guarantee a shameful place in history of the hippies, like that horrific pedophile, Alan Ginsberg.
Old 04 Jan 08, 00:53
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700]
jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700]
I find this article to be one of the most true short synopsis of the vietnam way i have read to date.As to who owns that war.. their names are on the wall
Old 04 Jan 08, 16:29
General of the Forums
Powflag
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Greatest Spy Movies Campaign Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 
Most Significant/Influential Fighter Campaign Most Significant/Influential Multi-Role Aircraft C 

DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000] DeltaOne has set a fine example for others to follow [1000]
Sadly, it has taken this many years to earn respect for our efforts on behalf of that nation and the fight against communism. The animosity we faced from the anti-war movement is finally fading and younger people especially are now trying to understand our efforts. This has not come at the hands of educators though in my mind, but has instead come about as the younger generations (those born in the 60's and early 70's) seek to understand what was happening at this pivotal point in history. My youngest son was born while I was in-country and he is constantly trying to understand the times, the emotions etc. My oldest son remembers watching news coverage, listening to my wife read letters I wrote home. Just this Christmas, he commented on his desire to go to Vietnam and see where I was. My youngest is still not ready to so. The events in Iraq are for this current generation what Vietnam was for us and hearing all the comments that put the two conflicts in comparison, is also a factor.
IMHO, anyways.

D1
Old 04 Jan 08, 17:05
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG Ten Year Service Award ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon Most Significant/Influential Tank Campaign 

Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+] Trailboss49 has achieved enlightenment [1200+]
While I was in a furniture store yesterday talking to a salesguy who happened to be just out of the Army after serving a tour in Iraq as a medic. Of course I congratulated him & thanked him. There happened to be a very large framed painting of "Reflecitions" about the civilian leaning against the Vietnam Memorial Wall and his dead buddies looking back at him from the other side. He commented that he hoped someday there would be a memorial to the present conflict. I told him, "I hope there is, but if there ever is it's going to have to be you guys who do it."
Old 04 Jan 08, 17:28
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

NEVER FORGET

A personal journey =

'WE WERE SOLDIERS ONCE...& YOUNG'...4 FREEDOM

http://www.Freerepublic.com/forum/a39626542519c.htm

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by ALOHA RONNIE; 04 Jan 08 at 17:35..
Old 05 Jan 08, 01:45
General of the Forums
Singapore

Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600]
Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600] Ogukuo72 is simply cracking [600]
Reminds me of McCain's response a few months back about whether Federal money should be spent on a Woodstock Museum.

"I'm sure it was a cultural and pharmaceutical event."

Then he added, "I wasn't there. I was tied up at that time."

The Vietnam War is also the story about the people over here in Southeast Asia too. For too long, our voices have not been heard, and our stories have been distorted to suit the political ends of politicians in the US. I am glad that now the truth is beginning to surface through all the falsehoods.
Old 06 Jan 08, 01:51
General
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700]
jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700] jeffdoorgunnr is a glorious beacon of light [700]
A Sad Truth

As a new member here, i have read numerous threads,old and new. As a veteran of Vietnam i must admit it was a very defining time in my life.I reflect on it often.Most of my thoughts have been along the lines of a feeling of brotherhood with other veterans,sorry for the ones who were lost,and at times a feeling of guilt that i made it out alive.It has also given me a terrible hatred of the media in general.I have come to distrust most politicians.
My time in country gave me the opportunity to meet and relate on occasion to some of the civilian people of South Vietnam. As hard as it was for a lot of the veterans of that war,I also feel a terrible sorrow for the common people of that country who when Iwas there anyone who was the age of 25 years or so had only known war since the time of his birth. Then to have,after all that suffering ,your country cease to exist and be occupied by a cruel and inhumane military,and inhumane government ,is beyond my comprehension.
I think that in itself is what has saddened me all these years about that war.
Something I will take to my grave is the look in the eyes of a little girl of about 5 years.I was in a bar in Downtown Can Tho,and felt a tug on my pantleg. I whirled around to see no one close to me.Upon looking down i saw it had been a little girl. She had the saddest deep brown eyes i have ever seen.She was dressed in a little dirty White dress that had long ago ceased to be white. I saw a note on her dress,it said" Please help,my father is dead,my mother is a cripple and we are starving" ........Without even thinking about it,I took out my wallet and gave her everything I had in it except the cyclo ride back to base. .......I think I will see those eyes forever........

Last edited by jeffdoorgunnr; 06 Jan 08 at 02:00.. Reason: a postscript
Old 06 Jan 08, 15:06
General of the Forums
United_States

Jeff;

Reckon I could have written what you did in the post. The liberal hippies who wish to just dismiss this conflict, and consequent communist take over of several million people is too much for me to stand.
Old 06 Jan 08, 15:11
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunnr View Post
As a new member here, i have read numerous threads,old and new. As a veteran of Vietnam i must admit it was a very defining time in my life.I reflect on it often.Most of my thoughts have been along the lines of a feeling of brotherhood with other veterans,sorry for the ones who were lost,and at times a feeling of guilt that i made it out alive.It has also given me a terrible hatred of the media in general.I have come to distrust most politicians.
My time in country gave me the opportunity to meet and relate on occasion to some of the civilian people of South Vietnam. As hard as it was for a lot of the veterans of that war,I also feel a terrible sorrow for the common people of that country who when Iwas there anyone who was the age of 25 years or so had only known war since the time of his birth. Then to have,after all that suffering ,your country cease to exist and be occupied by a cruel and inhumane military,and inhumane government ,is beyond my comprehension.
I think that in itself is what has saddened me all these years about that war.
Something I will take to my grave is the look in the eyes of a little girl of about 5 years.I was in a bar in Downtown Can Tho,and felt a tug on my pantleg. I whirled around to see no one close to me.Upon looking down i saw it had been a little girl. She had the saddest deep brown eyes i have ever seen.She was dressed in a little dirty White dress that had long ago ceased to be white. I saw a note on her dress,it said" Please help,my father is dead,my mother is a cripple and we are starving" ........Without even thinking about it,I took out my wallet and gave her everything I had in it except the cyclo ride back to base. .......I think I will see those eyes forever........

NEVER FORGET

Have no Fear, my fellor Vietnam War Veterans, for we Freedom-fighters are all very dearly LOVED, by the LOVE Itself and by that same LOVE that's carried in the hearts of those around us who really do care for us.

We are also very dearly LOVED by a most grateful Vietnamese-American Community now living in a Free America. This for our having fought so selflessly for Freeedom for their homeland long ago, thus delaying the massive horrid Holocaust that befell them once GODless Communist North Vietnamsese bullies were permitted to take over complete control of their lives and their deaths after the Fall of Saigon.

A collapse caused when Sen. TED KENNEDY pushed a post-Watergate Democrat Congress into cutting off all our funding for a then Free South Vietnam to fight for its own Freedom with. (Sound a bit familiar, in this new time of war of ours with our own Freedom now directly at stake right here at home..?)

A most grateful Vietnamese-American Community that is now deeply committed to 'Giving Back' to us any way it can for all we have done for them under the umbrella of Freedom.

For...

...LOVE is as LOVE does..?

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by ALOHA RONNIE; 06 Jan 08 at 15:18..
Sponsored Links

Closed Thread

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!