StreamHistory.com
Once A Marine
The Art of Battle
Game Squad
Mil. History Podcast
Russian Army - WW2
Achtung Panzer!
Mil History Online

Go Back   Armchair General and HistoryNet >> The Best Forums in History > Best Games in History > General Gaming Discussion

Notices and Announcements

General Gaming Discussion Discussion of gaming subjects that don't fit elsewhere.

Old 05 Sep 16, 04:22
Private
Yugoslavia

JamesGoblin is on the path to success [1-99]
Camelot Unchained ("DAoC 2") player building + intro

Big structures will matter for economy and control of conquered territories. Building is 100% free form (think: Minecraft on steroids) and this is how it looks in alpha tests, video by one of players:

...many, many hours later:

He made this by C.U.B.E. building tool and round / cylindrical shapes & wide choice of textures are yet to be added. Buildings can be destroyed - unless built offline or in starting zones BUT there will be siege windows (time for destruction) and it should take big number of players and siege engines.

The game is Camelot Unchained, "Dark Age of Camelot 2", PvP / crafting / building MMO by Mark Jacobs. Or you can check it's IGN Wiki for quick intro and more pics + videos. Access now is not too cheap, but beta starts in a month or two (?) and they should have open beta (free tests) in 2017.
Facebook Connect and Magazine Promotions

World War II Magazine
$26.95

Armchair General Magazine
$26.95
Military History Magazine
$26.95
Old 20 Oct 16, 15:05
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
I waiting for this one hope it makes it.

Loved DAOC Nothing like crushing the hibs and the mids

best part of the game was actually using tactics in the big open field battles
Old 30 Oct 16, 08:00
Private
Yugoslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by craven View Post
I'm waiting for this one hope it makes it.

Loved DAOC Nothing like crushing the hibs and the mids

best part of the game was actually using tactics in the big open field battles
I'm actually coming from another of Mark's games - Warhammer <3 Camelot wil have some of it's elements, too.

While I'm here, some recent alpha test footage - actually a comparison between CU and Crowfall, another upcoming MMO:

Old 31 Oct 16, 18:23
General of the Forums
United_States
ACG 5 Year Service Ribbon 

craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300] craven is on a distinguished road [300]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGoblin View Post
I'm actually coming from another of Mark's games - Warhammer <3 Camelot wil have some of it's elements, too.

While I'm here, some recent alpha test footage - actually a comparison between CU and Crowfall, another upcoming MMO:

yeah Warhammer was not to bad but it failed to deliver on the pvp side and provide a good reason for the realm to rally and hold off the enemies.
Old 31 Oct 16, 19:00
Private
Yugoslavia

Quote:
Originally Posted by craven View Post
yeah Warhammer was not to bad but it failed to deliver on the pvp side and provide a good reason for the realm to rally and hold off the enemies.
For what it's worth, my best game ever =) I know, it wasn't exactly a smashing success, it was killed by greed of good ol' Electronic Arts, that wonderful company.
Old 01 Dec 16, 22:08
Private
Yugoslavia

OP is in fact quite dated by now - minecrafty and with awful textures. Here's couple more recent screenshots, tho still alpha tests:

Please bookmark this thread if you enjoyed it!